Wednesday, June 8, 2011

swamped!

Sorry to bore you but I feel like I am back at the beginning of this start-up biz and it is all to do with kids & my time. Ciara starts Montessori next week so that means she goes 5 days a week 12.30 to 3.30pm. She is only 3 so that is going to knock her & me for a 6. Karl is at pre-school 3 days, 9-3 so that means, i have 6 hrs pw of child free time. BUT then it is school hols soon so I will have them both for 14? days or is it more. Humph. So wish i had parents that lived nearby 24/7.

Hubby keen to do 'daddy day' once per week....woohoo...a FULL day off from being mummy taxi and CHO (Chief Household Officer). 

2 comments:

Melinda Hills said...

Ahh, I know the feeling! I need to work from home 2-3 days a week to keep the mortgage paid, but want the best for the kids too ...the whole idea of me leaving my corporate job was for a better balance for the kids ...so am just in the process of changing 4 year old from long day care to preschool 3 days per week...and trying to find my 10 month old a family daycare place 2/3 days a week...trying to match up same days for both of them but then will have the school hols for the 4 year old....it's a juggle - but I keep positive with the belief that us mums can make it happen!

Cindyluken said...

Melinda - sooo nice to know i am not alone. Good luck. I am going to try and get to know like-minded mums in my little area and see if we can do 'swappies'. Will draft the letter box drop letter next week...after I sort personal EFY status b4 it's too late!