Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time to SHOUT OUT please!

Woohoo, my blog hit 5000 page views overnight.

Thank you for joining me on this 'cruisy' biz startup, I hope I have been able to share some tips and tricks on how to start a profitable biz whilst having 2 pre-schoolers and not experiencing the 'guilt-trip' that so many working mums have.

It's only a small step towards learning how this online world works and connects but boy does it feel good. (i wonder how long it takes to reach 5000 page views daily!) My aim in sharing 'my biz in the making'  is to inspire you to start your own and to share what you see - providing you really do like it. Not just my business jottings but my luk beautifood brand. Ultimately I want to sell a product that people desire and love. And if I can do it so can you. 

The last week has been encouraging:
-  my Table of Fabulousness lunch on Tuesday confirmed that this is the way of the future where woman support woman to help them in their success and enjoy themselves along the way.  
- mentoring several young woman in business, informally, over the phone has renewed their vigour by showing them in a few simple steps how to realise profitable sales
- linking up a friend with a tech investor to launch her 4 year dream (I met the investor only a few months ago tx to another introduction - amazing how quickly things can work in a like-minde space) 
-  working mostly on how to promote not process my product  

So, with the 5000 page milestone reached, I am feeling motivated to ask you a favour. Can you start to spread the word, more commonly known as SHOUT OUT on luk beautifood. I want to start building 'beautifood' subscribers because with out them I can't sell product! It's that simple. 

The luk beautifood facebook page is NOW up and ready to run. It will start by talking about the beauty of food, an A-Z of super active foods, Fast, Fresh & fabulous Recipes, what your skins loves and lots of other goodies. I'm applying my online biz learnings to start the ball rolling so you will find:

1.  Launch Incentive to sign up - every 10th 'LIKER' will receive a $20 beauty gift. (maximum 50) I am being brave and will share 'progress' samples of my new lippy!  ooh la la 
2.  Automated back end to run the promo. ie every 10th, 20th, 30th, liker etc must sign up to receive their gift and include their address details to qualify - makes co-ord, despatch etc easier not to mention having 50 new subscribers!
3. All 'likers' must be incentivised to subscribe - so I am starting my 'daily juice' beauty newsletter. I  will research and start writing whilst on school holidays - aka hubby around 24/7! Sign up happening immediately as I have just created the content / automated work flow with Aweber....! 
4. Content must be engaging, original and worth sharing!  I will source co-contributors (nutritionist/naturopath, scientists, make up artist) I am talking to some already so sing out if you are interested!
5. A blog dedicated to all things Food, Beauty and Science will be created...and yes David & Suellen I will do it on Wordpress! 

Let's see if this theory works and how long it takes to reach a target of 500 'likers' & 100 subscribers. Agh. I'm nervous already...!

NEXT STEPS: if you like what I do, can you....
Step 1.  GO TO - luk beautifood facebook page (click here) and click 'LIKE' once there.
Step 2.  STAY ON the luk facebook page or (click here) and subscribe NOW
Step 3. SHOUT OUT via facebook or your blog or tweet or email or all of them!
EG post this in your status entry with a luk beautifood FB tag.

"Free luk lippy (full size) to every 10th 'LIKER & SUBSCRIBER' of luk beautifood. (max 50)" You can also get creative and say something nice about me!! I will thankyou with a little surprise pressie too if you send 10 people so make sure your friends say "xx" sent me.

Would so love you to share to help me 'build a successful little biz'. Thanks for your support, have a fab weekend.
Cindy 
[ HAS SOMEONE DONE SOMETHING SPECIAL TODAY FOR YOU TODAY? ]  ... pay it forward please 
Tx Julia of www.rudyandthedodo.com.au for the inspiration and creative!


No comments: